Location: Various school districts in the St. Louis area and surrounding communities
Job Information: Program Director
Perfect Part-time (20 hrs/month) Opportunity for Retired Educators – Use your career in education to make a difference!
HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program is simple: teachers and parents/guardians become equal partners to increase the academic achievement of students. Our program currently serves 27 schools across the region and Columbia. Learn more about us at www.teacherhomevisit.org.
We are currently seeking dynamic Program Directors to oversee the implementation of our program in assigned schools/districts.
This position directly reports to the Founder and Executive Director (ED) and includes the following responsibilities:
Program Management: Partner with the principals and site coordinators at assigned schools/districts to execute the processes necessary to effectively and efficiently support the teachers and implement HOME WORKS! in each school. Meet in person with site coordinators and principal every 4-6 weeks.
Logistics: Send timely reminders to site coordinators regarding upcoming trainings, home visit timelines, and meetings. Enter important dates (i.e., trainings, Family Dinners, meetings with site coordinators) on HOME WORKS! Master Google calendar. Arrange and attend trainings for school staff and district personnel.
Planning: Attend and participate in team meetings (twice a month) with the ED and other Program Directors. These meetings include problem solving, decision making, visioning, brainstorming, research, development, and discussions designed to develop and grow our parent engagement/home visit programs.
Administrative: Provide updates on the implementation of HOME WORKS! at school/district locations. Keep track of billable hours and submit invoices to ED and Finance designee on the first of the month for previous month’s work.
Reporting: Communicate with evaluation team and track data as needed. Review Home Visit Report Forms and share information with ED, other Program Directors, and the principals and site coordinators of the schools. Attend and evaluate Family Dinners (two per school per year) at assigned schools and submit a report to the ED. Conduct one-on-one debriefs with principals and site coordinators to solicit feedback regarding the previous year’s success and issues. Provide a year-end report to the ED regarding the quality of leadership, efficiency of site coordinators, and staff participation in HOME WORKS! for assigned schools/districts.
Quality Management: Work with the ED, other Program Directors and Trainers to lead continuous quality improvement initiatives and the integration of best practices within the program. Study trends and stay current on issues related to the mission and vision of HOME WORKS!
Passion and Service: Passion for the organization’s mission and that quality education for all is of top priority. Respect for the clients, employees, Board members, and all other constituents, coupled with professional and ethical behavior is expected at all times.
Qualified candidates must meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience in education is required. Must have at least five years of classroom experience. Additional administrative experience (i.e. principal, teacher leader, superintendent, etc.) is ideal.
- A passion for the mission of HOME WORKS! and academic achievement.
- Ability to effectively problem solve, work productively with others, and think creatively and strategically.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to relate and build relationships at all levels. Comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Especially looking for people who are team players who are energetic, self-confident, curious, good-natured, and hard-working.
- Strong software skills including proficiency in MS Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
How to submit a resume: If you are qualified and interested, take the next step and submit a thoughtful cover letter outlining your experiences, a resume and a list of professional references to email@example.com