Job Title: Assistant Infant/Toddler Teacher
Center Name and Location: St. Martin’s Child Center, 6315 Garfield, St. Louis, MO 63134
Job Information: The Assistant Infant/Toddler Teacher is responsible for aiding in the day to day management of a class room in the child care program under the supervision of the Educational Supervisor. Responsibilities include adherence to Center policies and procedures, supervision of children in class room as assigned, ensuring licensing, Accreditation and Early Head Start compliance, appropriate utilization of program supplies, aiding in implementation of approved curriculum, develop lesson plans. Assist with the incorporation of parents into child care program.
• Assisting in planning and conducting daily activities for children
• Assist in preparation of educational materials required to implement daily activity plan as assigned
• Maintain orderly physical environment in the classroom conducive to optimal growth and development of children
• Attend and contribute to staff-parent meetings as assigned
• Observe, record and report significant individual and group child behavior
• Share appropriate information daily as child enters or leaves classroom
• Coordinate activities with personnel assigned to assist with group activities
• Complete assessment of each child in classroom as assigned
• Assist in involving parents in planning designed to foster effective growth and development of children in classroom as assigned
Qualifications: Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university; or a related field with 10 classes in Early Childhood Education; AND A valid Infant-Toddler Child Development Associate (CDA) credential; or a commitment to obtain the CDA within six months of hire.
All candidates must have experience or training in early childhood development with emphasis on infants and toddlers.
How to submit a resume: Send resume and transcripts to Alberta Adams, email@example.com or mail to St. Martin’s Child Center, 6315 Garfield, St. Louis, MO 63134. No calls or visits accepted.