Job Title: Lead Preschool Teacher
Center Name and Location: St. Martin’s Child Center, 6315 Garfield, St. Louis, MO 63134
Job Information: The Lead Preschool Teacher is responsible for the day to day management of a class room in the child care program under the supervision of the Educational Supervisor. Responsibilities include adherence to Center policies and procedures, supervision of children in class room, ensuring licensing, Accreditation and Head Start compliance, appropriate utilization of program supplies, implementation of approved curriculum, develop lesson plans. Incorporate parents into child care program.
• Implement approved curriculum
• Plan and conduct daily activities for children
• Prepare educational materials required to implement daily activity plan
• Maintain orderly physical environment in the classroom conducive to optimal growth and development of children
• Attend and contribute to child staffing meetings
• Attend and contribute to staff-parent meetings
• Observe, record and report significant individual and group child behavior
• Prepare quarterly progress report on each child to be shared with parent
• Share appropriate information daily as child enters or leaves classroom
• Coordinate activities with personnel assigned to assist with group activities
• Complete assessment of each child in classroom twice per year
• Involve parent in planning designed to foster effective growth and development of children in classroom
• Complete Home Visits per approved guidelines and time frames
• Complete Parent Conferences per approved guidelines and time frames
• Complete Outcome Measures per approved guidelines and time frames
Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university; or a related field from an accredited college or university, 10 classes in Early Childhood Education and experience teaching preschool; OR Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education from an accredited college or university; or a related field, 10 classes in Early Childhood Education and experience teaching preschool.
All candidates must have experience or training in early childhood development with emphasis on infants and toddlers.
How to submit a resume: Send resume and transcripts to Alberta Adams, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to St. Martin’s Child Center, 6315 Garfield, St. Louis, MO 63134. No calls or visits accepted.