Job Title: Early Childhood Specialist (part-time)
Location: LUME Institute
6646 Vernon Avenue St. Louis, MO 63130
Job Information: Essential Tasks and Responsibilities (All Specialists will not deliver all services)
- Deliver professional development and technical assistance services to staff of child care, early education and after-school programs, meeting or exceeding requirements in contracts and best practice standards for NACCRRA Quality Assurance.
- Prepare educational and informational materials for presentation to staff at child care, early education and after-school programs, as requested.
- Attend professional development events and Training of Trainer events offered by Child Care Aware® of Missouri, LUME Institute or other funder or partner.
- Distribute marketing materials for project sponsors
- Complete and return materials, evaluation forms, reports and other information|
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Impartial, non-judgmental behavior toward all child care choices, programs and their personnel.
- Knowledge of developmentally appropriate practice in a child care setting.
- Specialists who provide coaching or professional development must have excellent coaching and facilitation skills and knowledge of current best practices in adult education.
- Effective written and verbal skills.
- Must undergo a child abuse/neglect and criminal background screen prior to providing services and annually thereafter.
- Will be required to deliver a workshop during the hiring process.
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, early childhood special education, elementary education, psychology, social services, or other related field
- Two years of experience working with children, teachers and staff of a child care or early learning program.
- Staff funded through this contract must participate in the MO Professional Development Registry maintained by Opportunities in a Professional Education Network (OPEN) and submit documentation of all new professional development to LUME and to OPEN throughout the contract year.
- Position requires at least 24 clock hours of professional development annually in early childhood, related fields or, for Inclusion Specialists, in inclusion-related topics. (Part-time Specialist will be prorated based on hours worked.)
- Must receive training on an annual basis regarding how to recognize child abuse and neglect and procedures to follow if abuse or neglect is suspected.