The most important thing you can do is develop a relationship with your child…BE with him or her!
1. Say goodbye to the old and hello to the new…it is a glorious experience. Your old life is gone, but certainly not forgotten.
2. Listen to your instincts when receiving advice. Be cautious who you listen to.
3. Listen to your baby's cues...you can’t spoil an infant.
4. There will be ambivalence. Many tears will be shed. Most new parents don't have a vague idea about what they are doing and that is OK.
5. The decision between nursing or formula feeding should not become bigger than World War III.
6. You’re not Supermom or Superdad. Do not get caught up trying to be the perfect parent.
7. Don’t stress about the mess…although your life will never be the same
8. Celebrate your babies “firsts.”
9. Don't forget to make time for your partner.
10. Don't forget to make time for yourself. You can't go it alone.
Post by Steve Zwolak