What does it mean to be a good teacher for a child?
What is a good teacher?
A good teacher…
- Has the ability and the willingness to search for “self"
- Begins to understand the “WHY.” Why do I want to work with children? What is it that drives me to wake-up and face the challenges of working with young children?
- Knows that early childhood education is a journey of understanding
- Begins to see the mirror images that children reflect on their own life
In the classroom…a good teacher…
- Listens to children
- Encourages children to think and create, which engages learning
- Learns about children from the inside out
- Allows the children take the lead
- Engages in face-to-face simple genuine encounters with every child everyday
What helps you to be a good teacher in the classroom and partner with young children and their families?
Post by Steve Zwolak