What does it mean to be a LUME TEACHER?
A LUME teacher is a lifelong learner who partners with children, families, and the community.
A LUME teacher will learn about himself or herself and how to emotionally support the children in his or her care..
A LUME teacher embodies our mission to transform the way families, educators, and communities
inspire young children to learn, grow, and thrive.
Teacher of the Year Award
The purpose of the Teacher of the Year Award is to recognize teachers who focus on the emotional development of children while committing to the practice of being a lifelong learner. The projects that are chosen will elevate the field of early childhood education with innovative and thoughtful approaches.
- Awards will be given to projects that elevate the LUME Approach.
- The award will include compensation for a stipend, paid time off, materials, and support
(coaching, advisory, tech).
- Project examples include: advancing early childhood mental health, groundbreaking curriculum, innovations in science/literacy/math, partnering with families, developing leadership, or creating an emotionally responsive environment.
- Early childhood educators currently teaching in St. Louis City and surrounding counties (St. Louis, Warren, Jefferson, St. Charles, St. Francois, Franklin, and Ste. Genevieve). * for the pilot program in 2017 we will only be accepting applications from teachers at University City Children's Center.
- Candidates must have at least two years of experience in the field of early childhood.
- Candidates must be committed to continuing to teach in Missouri for at least one year after completing the sabbatical.
Teacher of the Year Application
Part One - Attachments
Email the attachments listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Letter of support from a current family/child.
2. Letter of support from a current colleague.
PART TWO - Application
Fill out the application below. If you have questions
The deadline to submit is June 30 by 5 p.m. All applications will be reviewed by an independent panel.