O'Fallon Early Childhood Center 220 Sonderen Street O'Fallon MO 63368
We are growing! Our Center is licensed for 70 children and we have a Developmentally Appropriate Curriculum.
O’Fallon Early Childhood Center is now hiring for several part time positions working with various age groups. Hours may vary with enrollment AM and PM shifts available (typically 6 am to 9 am and 2 pm or 3 pm to 6 pm). We are searching for dedicated teachers who are lifelong learners who want to make a difference in the lives of children. We are a quality early childhood center serving children ages 6 weeks to 12 years. If you are an individual looking for a great place to work then keep reading this post. If you think that young children should be given worksheets or coloring pages then please do not reply.
With our curriculum, we follow the Missouri Early Learning Standards and Project Construct. Ability to provide engaging activities and follow a lesson plan a must. We go outside and do activities often so love of nature is a plus.
Our AM and PM Teachers /Assistants:
- Nurture and support ALL ASPECTS of the development of the children in classroom assigned
- Able to work as a member or a team for the best interests of the child
- Communicate details and post photos of the day on Lifecubby
- Communicate with parents in a positive manner
- Utilize redirection and Conscious discipline Light cleaning sweeping mopping and sanitizing
- Assist with toilet training (including handling accidents and helping children change clothes)
- Changing Diapers as needed
- Serve Breakfast and/or afternoon snack
- Clean and sanitize toys/tables/chairs
- Take school agers to and from the bus stop (We do not transport children on a van)
- Set up classroom as directed
- Lead afternoon activities
- Supervise outdoor play period
- Sanitize toys and other equipment and assist with end of day clean-up duties
- Other duties as required
Physical requirements include an ability to lift and carry young children, the ability to get down on the floor and up again quickly and the ability to perform the duties listed above. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Punctuality and reliability are of the utmost importance. Excessive lateness or absences will result in termination. We are a non-gossip facility and drama will not be tolerated.
If you care about children and families and are ready to make a difference then send us your resume and a cover letter.
Please include in your cover letter how you feel that young children learn and why you would be a good fit for our school. Also please include your thoughts on what children learn when exposed to nature and the outdoors in an early childhood setting.
Please include days and hours you are willing and able to work. We are open 6 am-6 pm. Some positions may lead into more hours or a full-time position as enrollment increases.
Don’t miss your chance to work for a center that cares about their staff and the quality of Early Childhood Education for all children. We are committed to quality childcare and expect that our staff have at least 15 clock hours a year. We value education and support training our staff. We also require all staff to have CPR and First aid training as well as a background check, TB test and medical exam upon hire.
If you have been looking for a position that will allow you to grow as a caregiver and teacher then OECC is the place for you. Owners are on-site every day and work in the center and have over 60 years’ experience combined in the field of Early Childhood. Owners are and have been trainers and have presented at Local, State and National Conferences. If you are ready for a change and want to be a part of this great program then apply now!
- We prefer applicants with experience but are willing to train the right candidate if you have education in Early Childhood or Child Development or are currently in school.
- A working 2nd interview of at least 1 hour will be required
- No phone calls Please
- Some positions may be available immediately
- OECC does not guarantee any certain number of hours to any staff
To apply: Submit a resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.