Location: Various school districts in the St. Louis area and surrounding communities
Job Information: TRAINING FACILITATOR
Part-time – 20 hours/month
HOME WORKS! The Teacher Home Visit Program trains, supports and pays teachers in low-performing schools to go to the homes of their students to get their parents engaged in their children’s education. We are serving 27 schools in eight districts throughout Missouri in the 2014-15 school year. Learn more about us at www.teacherhomevisit.org.
HOME WORKS! is seeking a part-time Training Facilitator. The successful candidate must be a retired educator with training experience and the ability to engage and read an audience. Candidates must be able to work productively with others, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and think creatively and strategically. Candidates must be enthusiastic, bright individuals with a strong personal commitment to the mission and success of HOME WORKS! who will train individuals using the HOME WORKS! model. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
• Present highly engaging sessions that prepare participants to meet the objectives of the training in a variety of instructional formats
• Create, evaluate, and modify training materials to be used in sessions as needed to ensure program effectiveness
• Communicate with the Executive Director to share feedback from training that informs the implementation of the HOME WORKS! Program
• Continuously assess the needs of participants to improve the training content and facilitation strategies
• Collaborate with Program Directors to develop a training schedule
• Research, stay current on, and apply best practices in adult learning theory, parent engagement strategies, and the use of technology in training
• Attend team meetings as necessary
Qualified Candidates must have:
• A Bachelor’s degree.
• At least five years of classroom experience and understand the role of educators in meeting the challenge of educating at-risk children.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong software skills including proficiency in MS Office applications such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
How to submit a resume: Qualified candidates should submit a thoughtful cover letter, resume and two references to:
Training Facilitator Position
225 Linden Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63105