Position Title: T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Missouri Scholarship Assistant Director Full Time
Salaried Position Function: Responsible for: planning, directing and managing activities, outreach and data collection/analysis for the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI Scholarship. Responsible for daily supervision of personnel assigned to the scholarship project. Reports to the Chief of Quality Improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI daily operations: Management of daily operations and supervision of the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI program and its staff, ensuring that deliverables of all contracts and grants are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Communicate the components and value of T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI to consumers and stakeholders through presentations, exhibits and other marketing efforts.
- Use T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI database to maintain all recipient and sponsor data, including applications, contracts, forms, reimbursements, and invoices.
- Work with the Chief of Quality Improvement to continuously review and interpret data on recipients and sponsors. Prepare and submit data reports requested by the Chief of Quality Improvement for reports to state departments of government, foundations and other funders.
- Manage and recruit members for the Advisory Committee; assist in presentations.
- Proactively work to increase stakeholder awareness about the higher education aspects of professional development for early childhood and youth development. Participate in advocacy efforts to increase compensation for the early childhood workforce.
- Provide outstanding customer service and ensure outstanding customer service by other T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI staff, to include but not be limited to: phone calls answered in a prompt, courteous and polite manner; with a positive and unbiased tone.
- Implement special projects related to marketing and communications and the updating of scholarship-related materials.
- Provide and oversee scholarship counseling to recipients and sponsors including information about the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI program, higher education and the field of early care and education.
- Lead recruitment efforts of scholarship recipients and sponsors.
- Update and maintain the T.E.A.C.H. MISSOURI scholarship invoicing and collection processes, working in coordination with the Child Care Aware® of Missouri Accounting Department.
- Promote the Mission, Vision and Why of Child Care Aware® of Missouri.
- Engage in other duties, as assigned.
- BA/BS in early childhood education, child development, or closely-related field
- Three to five years of experience in early childhood management, customer service or work in higher education
- At least three years experience using and managing databases
- Strong creative and professional writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both program and outreach settings Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail and problem solving abilities
- Drive to make a difference in the life of children and families
- Independent and self-motivated, able to comply with and enforce deadlines
- Energetic team player
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision
- Able to think critically and exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Results-oriented and solution-focused with a problem-solving attitude
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to travel throughout Missouri and out of state
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
Benefits include: Company contribution to 401k vested 100% at time of hire. Company paid medical, dental, vision, long term disability and life insurance with a small employee copay. Accrue 2 weeks vacation and sick time during first year. Flexible schedule. Salary range: $35,000 to $40,000
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes accepted through January 5, 2018