Job Title: Executive Director
Center Name and Location: Downtown Children's Center located at 607 N. 22nd Street St. Louis, MO63103
Downtown Children’s Center – a nationally accredited leader in providing superior child care and effective, inspiring educational programs – seeks a new Executive Director. The successful candidate will have the ability to:
• Maintain a high quality, safe, and nurturing environment for children
• Engage and support families as partners in the development of their children
• Positively and proactively represent DCC to the St. Louis community, especially to the downtown area: to residents, employees, human resources directors & community leaders
• Lead and inspire a team of highly educated, motivated & dedicated professionals
• Achieve strategic goals that support the organization’s mission and vision
• Be on the forefront of early childhood care and education trends
• Manage all aspects of a nonprofit’s administration: support the Board of Directors, maintain licensure & accreditation, provide budgeting and financial management, evaluate outcomes, ensure safety, etc.
• Provide management support and oversight of the Nestle Purina Child Development Center
For the complete job posting click here.
It is preferred that candidates have a master’s degree and experience in early childhood care and education, preferably in an accredited early childhood center. The selected candidate will possess:
• A track record that demonstrates leadership and achievement in a childcare or nonprofit setting
• Passion for creating an environment in which children are developmentally and emotionally nurtured and caregivers are supported and encouraged
• Belief that downtown St. Louis is strengthened by the existence of a high quality child care option that reflects the diversity of our resident and business community
Application materials submitted by February 24, 2017 will be given priority. Interested individuals should submit three documents for consideration:
• Contact information for three references
• Cover letter (1 page), which summarizes your qualifications and interest
Please email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to ensure delivery, the file size of the email must not exceed 5MB.