University City, MO
University City Children’s Center (UCCC) is a diverse, intentional early childhood community that respects and nurtures children and adults in a trusting culture of love, empathy, compassion, and joy that is guided by visionary leadership. An integral part of our mission and practice is developing partnerships and educational outreach to the larger St. Louis community. UCCC is a licensed and accredited childcare center with the state of Missouri. UCCC is the founding school and living model for the LUME Approach. UCCC is a fast-paced Early Learning Center with a licensed capacity for 180 children, of which, 60+ are under the age of 36 months, with a staff of approximately 60.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
Oversees systems and coordinates the Administrative Team to:
- Ensure the facility is safe, clean, secure, and a welcoming place for children, families, and staff, while ensuring compliance with local, state, and federal requirements
- Provide a high quality early childhood education preparing children for life, socially and emotionally, cognitively, and physically
- Maintain 90% enrollment and smooth, intentional transition of children into and within the center, and maintain accurate records on children enrolled in the program to include their development, attendance, immunization and general health
- Implement the strategic plan and vision for UCCC for the next 5 to 15 years
- Maintain robust volunteer, educational, and community relationships to enhance the UCCC program
- Bachelor’s degree plus experience minimum; Master’s degree preferred, and experience in early childhood education, social work, or related field
- Director’s Certificate (required for State of Missouri License)
- Significant experience working with young children and their families
- Able to create and work within a budget; able to manage and support a large staff
- Understands the dynamics and economics of running a child care center
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume or letter of interest to Human Resources at email@example.com, fax to 314-721-0939, or mail to 6646 Vernon Ave, St. Louis, MO 63130 and be sure to mention that you saw this posting through LUME Institute.