Workforce Development Trainer & Early Childhood Specialist
Job Title: Workforce Development Trainer & Early Childhood Specialist
The Trainer interacts daily with LUME and UCCC staff and reports to the Workforce Development Project Manager. The Trainer will maintain and enhance relationships with early childhood partners, educators, programs and similar organizations which serve programs and educators. Additionally, the Trainer will collaborate with LUME professional development team members to deliver other LUME training as appropriate. The Trainer will work with the Workforce Development Project Manager, Director of Business Operations, CEO, administrative assistant(s), data assistant(s), Director of Strategic Marketing and Community Engagement, interns, LUME professional development team and many others to manage this coordination.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
· Gain understanding of LUME Approach and framework - Support LUME Approach professional development as an educator and coach once eligible through the LUME train the trainer process.
· Serve as the lead educator for the workforce development program, including the Child Development Associate (CDA) curriculum, and coach candidates through the process of earning a CDA certification. As the lead educator, lead the training of the 6-week program, and coordinate with guest educators as appropriate.
· Observe Apprentices in the classroom and provide ongoing coaching and support to advance their personal and professional development.
· Communicate regularly with Apprentices and Employers to monitor Apprentices’ progress and intervene appropriately, when necessary. Help Apprentices and Employers develop strong, supportive relationships.
· Maintain and enhance relationships with early childhood partners, educators, programs and similar organizations which serve programs and educators. Work actively in the community participating in collaborative efforts with other professional development organizations, meetings, task forces, etc.
· Recruit clients and professional development participants throughout the community.
· Conduct professional development for early educators.
· Submit all reports and documentation within deadlines.
· Must maintain strict confidentiality, etc.
· Must not have conflict of interest or use LUME proprietary curriculum and information outside of LUME.
Skills and Attributes
Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, education, social work or related field. Master’s degree in early childhood education preferred
· Must have significant experience in coaching, training and professional development of early childhood professionals
· Previous experience in an early education environment
· Must have and maintain knowledge of current best practices in adult education as demonstrated by experience and education
· Understands child care licensing and regulations, CDA Credential, and accreditation
· Understands the value of relationship building and has excellent communication skills
· Great attention to detail and highly organized
· Experience tracking and recording measureable data
· Highly creative with an ability to connect
· Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, lead projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, organize time and priorities, and work well with other members of our organizations and partnerships
· Demonstrated experience as a project manager and strategic thinker
· Embodies our core values of trust, love, empathy, compassion and joy
Indoors, primarily works in an open office shared by other LUME staff. Frequent travel required between LUME office, partners’ offices and professional development sites. Occasional nights and weekends will be necessary. Noise and activity levels can sometimes be high; staff, visitors, families and children come and go at all times. Position requires a health screen, and annual Family Safety Registry background check. UCCC/LUME is a busy, unique environment. Staff are expected to participate fully in the life of UCCC/LUME. All staff must be able to lift 25 lbs. in the event of an evacuation or emergency situation.
How to submit a resume: Cover letters and resumes should be sent to email@example.com